Library Card Info

Library Departments

Lost or Damaged Library Card Info

Online Library Account Info

Place a Hold Online


Prices for Fines and Fees

Technology/Computer Info

Wireless Internet Info

How do I get a library card?

There are several ways to obtain a library card depending on where you reside. NMCPLS serves the townships of Pipe Creek, Lafayette (except for a small portion that is part of Anderson Community School District), Duck Creek, Van Buren and Boone in Madison County. Residing in one of these townships and/or owning property in one of these townships entitles you to a library card. To obtain a library card, you will need 2 pieces of identification showing proof of your residence.

In Madison County, the townships of Jackson and Richland do not pay library tax; therefore, are not entitled to free library access. The residents of these two townships would need to purchase a non-resident card ($60.00/yr) to use NMCPLS. This fee is used to help support the public library.

Residents of any county in the state of Indiana may obtain a library card by going to their "home" library and purchasing a PLAC card. By showing the PLAC card at one of our three libraries, located in the cities of Elwood, Frankton and Summitville, the resident will be issued a NMCPLS library card. The expiration date of the library card will be the same expiration date of the PLAC card. The PLAC card is purchased with a state fee of $65.00. If there is no home library in the patron's county of residence, then the patron would need to purchase a non-resident card before purchasing a PLAC card.

How can I get in touch with a library department?

Each library department has a separate section on this website. On the top right of this page, you will see a department section with Adult, Youth and Genealogy listed. Each of these pages has information about the particular department, but if you need more information, feel free to call the library, or e-mail us at the following e-mail address:

Adult Services/Genealogy, Elwood Public Library -

What should I do if my library card is lost, stolen, or damaged?

If you would like to continue to check out materials and use library computers, it is required for you to have a library card. You may replace a lost or stolen card for $2.00. If your card has expired and needs replaced, there is no charge.

How do I access my library account from home?

Checking your account from a home computer allows you to view and/or renew the items you have checked out, view items you have placed on hold, and place a new hold for an item. You can access your account by clicking the "My Account" button on our home page or when searching our catalog. Enter your library card barcode number along with your pin number. Your pin number was issued when you recieved your Evergreen Indiana card.  If you do not remember your pin number, contact the library to obtain a new one.

How can I place a hold on an item I would like?

Click the Catalog button on our website and search for the title, author or subject of the item that you would like to place on hold. Once you have found the item you would like, click the Place Hold link to the right of the item listing. Enter your library card barcode number (found on the back of your library card), and your PIN. You can request books, audio books and playaways from over 100 Evergreen Indiana  libraries. The items will be delivered to the library of your choice free of charge.  If you don't find your item in our catalog, contact the library to request the item.

What Are the Library's Policies?

The Library has the following policies available in pdf format:

Addressing the Library Board
Circulation Policy
Child/Patron Policy
Computer Use Policy
Public Access Computer Policy
Library Access Policy
Materials Selection Policy
Elwood Public Library Meeting Room Policy
Frankton Community Library Meeting Room Policy
Ralph E. Hazelbaker Library Meeting Room Policy
Interlibrary Loan Policy
Patron Behavior Policy
Access To Public Records Policy
Library Display Policy
Wireless Internet Policy
Service Fees

What is the price of fines and fees?

There is a fine of $0.25 per day, per book, magazine, audio book or DVD, excluding Sundays and holidays.  Any patron having a fine of $10.00 or more will not be allowed to check out material until the fine is at $9.99 or below.

In addition to fines, the following is a list of services available at a small fee:
Copies - $.10 black & white/$.40 color
Computer Prints - $.10 black & white/$.40 color
Fax - $1.00 first page/$.20 every additional page
Laminates - $.50 for wallet size/$1.00 for pages up to 8 1/4 x 14/$.10 for larger items per sq. inch
Meeting Room @ Elwood -       $30.00 Deposit
Meeting Room @ Frankton -     $10.00 Deposit
Meeting Room @ Summitville - $10.00 Deposit

What kind of computers and technology services does the library have?

There are a total of 45 public access computers at all three branches. A majority of those computers are able to access the Internet by a broadband connection. The other computers are used mainly for gaming. The computers are available to library patrons during normal library hours with the sign-in ending fifteen minutes before close. In order to use our facilities, patrons living in the townships we serve must have a current library card and present it each time they use the computers. Patrons who do not live in the areas that NMCPLS serves may use a photo identification for a one time use. If the patron plans to use our facilities more often and does not live in the townships we serve, they may obtain a courtesy card free of charge that is valid for one year. All patrons must agree to our computer policies before using the computers. All patrons under the age of 18 must have signed Internet permission on file before being granted access to the Internet.

Does the library have wireless computer access?

The wireless internet access may be used during regular business hours at all of our library locations. In order to access the internet, a patron with a wifi enabled device must connect to epl, open a browser, and agree to our terms of service.