As of June 10, 2020, all three branches are open limited hours to the public. For specific information on each branch, please refer to the “Contact Info and Hours” area located along the right side of this page.
Each branch will continue curbside services during our regularly scheduled hours. These services include faxing, copying, scanning and printing documents, and picking up holds. Patrons may also request to use a full-service computer located in the meeting room during this time. Please call the branch of your choice to set up an appointment for these services.
What to expect when you visit the library:
- Library staff will be wearing masks to protect patrons.
- Patrons are encouraged to wear masks to protect library staff and other patrons.
- Library staff will be quarantining and sanitizing materials following CDC guidelines.
- Surfaces will be wiped down more frequently.
- Plexiglass safety shields have been installed on circulation desks.
- Chairs and tables have been moved to encourage social/physical distancing.
- Patrons over the age of 65 are encouraged to visit from 10 am to noon Monday – Friday.
- Parents are strongly discouraged from bringing their children.
- Children under the age of 16 will not be allowed in the library without direct parent supervision.
- Patrons are encouraged to limit their library visits to 30 minutes or less.
- The number of patrons in the building at one time will be limited.
- Daily hours the library is open to the public may be shortened to allow necessary sanitizing of frequently touched surfaces.
- One computer located in the meeting room can be reserved for one-hour time slots. If requested, staff assistance is available during this appointment via remote desktop sharing.
- Computer use in the main library will be limited to 30 minutes with limited staff assistance.
- Computers will be sanitized after each use.
- To visit the children’s area at the Elwood Public Library, a mask is required and access is limited. Ask a staff member for more information.
- Please review our Safety Procedures document.
Here are some before and after pictures of the Elwood Public Library: