The North Madison County Public Library System has many services available to it’s
For more information, please
refer to our policies. Services that require payment may be paid with cash or check only.
The North Madison County Public Library System circulates hotspots for patrons needing Internet access for a limited period of time.
What is a WiFi hotspot?
A portable WiFi hotspot is a pocket sized mobile router, which you can take with you to connect to the internet.
Elwood, Frankton, and Summitville libraries are now offering Curbside Service for item pickup, document copying, and faxing. Simply call us from the parking lot any time during our business hours for service.
The cost of 3D printing at the Elwood Public Library is $.05 per gram (of objects weight). Typical prints range in price from 30 cents to $1.50.
Contact Mike Robertson, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Each branch has several internet connected computers for both adults and children.
Refer to our computer access policy.
Each branch has wireless internet available. To use it, just connect the wireless device to be used to that branches WI-FI Network:
- Elwood – EPL
- Frankton – FPL
- Hazelbaker – HPL
Patrons may print from the public computers.
Charges for printing are
- $.10 per page for black and white printing
- $.20 per page for double-sided black and white printing
- $.40 per page for color printing
- $.80 per page for double-sided color printing
Each branch has wireless printing available by sending the document as an attachment in an email to the printer. The email address for the printer is available at the circulation desk by request.
The charge for wireless printing is
- $.10 per page for black and white printing
Each branch provides both color and black and white copies.
Charges for using a copy machine
- $.10 per single sided black and white copy of reference material after the first ten pages
- $.10 for a single-sided black and white copy
- $.20 for a double-sided black and white copy
- $.35 for transparencies (8 1/2″ x 11″)
- $.40 for a single-sided color copy
- $.80 for a double-sided color copy
Each branch provides for both sending and receiving of faxes
The fax numbers for each branch are as follows
- Elwood (765)552-0955
- Frankton (765)754-3312
- Hazelbaker (765)536-9050
Charges for Faxing:
- $1.00 for the first page
- $.20 for each additional page
Each branch offers document scanning to email or a portable memory device free of charge.
The Elwood branch has two microfilm machines available for public use. One is connected to a computer the other is a standalone unit with a built in printer.
Charges for printing from the standalone microfilm unit are
- $.10 per page
We offer a homebound delivery service for patrons that are unable to get to the library
- short/long term illness
- non-driver status (senior)
- Physical challenge
- Visual disabilities
VHS to DVD Conversion
The Elwood branch has a VHS to DVD conversion machine available for public use by
- Reservations can be made by phone or in person at the Elwood branch Adult
- Blank DVD’s are supplied.
- The charge is $5.00 per DVD.
- The standard recording time of a DVD is two hours.
- Multiple titles can be recorded onto a single DVD.
- We cannot convert DVDs that are copyrighted.
Each branch has a sheet laminator. The Elwood and Hazelbaker branches also have roll laminators.
Charges for lamination
- $.10 per inch for roll
- $.50 for 2 x 1/2 x 4 pouch
- $1.00 for 8″ x 14″ pouch
Each branch has meeting rooms available to be reserved. Each meeting room includes the use of kitchen facilities. Refer to the following links to see the meeting room policies for each branch: Elwood, Frankton, Summitville.
Deposit fees for meeting rooms are
- Elwood – Meeting Room (29′ x 20′) (max. occupancy 49) – $30.00
- Frankton – Meeting Room (27′ x 15′) (max. occupancy 30) – $10.00
- Hazelbaker – Meeting Room (28′ x 17′) (max. occupancy 35) – $10.00
- All Branches – Meeting Room – additional $25.00 for Sunday
Items available upon request with meeting rooms:
- Projector that can be connected to a notebook computer
- Overhead projector
- Slide Projector
- Projector screen
- Notebook computer with Microsoft Power Point
- DVD player
- Record player
- PA Speaker (Elwood)
The Elwood branch has a smaller seminar room (15′ x 8′)( max. occupancy 7), that can be reserved without a deposit. Refer to our seminar room policy.
Each library branch has restroom facilities located at the entrance near the parking lot. If restrooms are locked, please ask at the front desk for a key.
The Elwood branch offers notary services from 9:30 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday, free of charge.
Each branch has a manager available to proctor exams free of charge:
- The branch must be contacted in advance to schedule the exam.
- The proctor and library must be certified by the school.
The Elwood branch has an overhead projector that may be checked out for 7 days with a $30 deposit.